Capricorn is the tenth sign of the astrological year and is known by its astrological symbol, the Goat. Capricorn individuals are controlled, conscientious, and practical. With Saturn as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are self-disciplined and hard-working. They are highly efficient and dedicated to becoming a success.
Below you’ll find general characteristics for the Capricorn man, woman, child, lover, and friend. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to articles with detailed personality profiles for every day that falls under the Capricorn sign. Read on to see if the characteristics ring true for you or the Goat in your life.
The Capricorn Man
The Capricorn man will often conceal things about his life for little reason. Being defensive comes naturally; he is afraid that if he allows himself to be open, he will be exposed. This is why he seems so serious. With those he trusts he shows his wicked sense of humor and good nature. He is principled, though he keeps his beliefs and philosophy to himself. Capricorn men are often devoted to their career, which can make them seem distant regarding family responsibilities.
The Capricorn Woman
Capricorn women have a cool, standoffish charm. Elegant and glacial, they may seem unapproachable. Actually, this is a mask to hide their vulnerability. Capricorn individuals are afraid of "losing face." They fear criticism and can't abide being forced to be self-critical. This woman is competitive, though she is usually more interested in besting her own efforts than those of rivals. If she is not involved in an outside career, she will turn her home into a career. She is a good, if overly strict, mother and expects the best from her children.
The Capricorn Child
Capricorn children usually seem to be miniature adults who are serious and a bit world-weary. Although smart, they may lag behind other children developmentally. They may have a fear of trying particular skills because they are afraid to fail. For them to succeed, parents must be gentle and supportive. As he or she grows, so grows the confidence. They have leadership skills that can be helpful in adjusting to this phase of their development.
The Capricorn Lover
The Capricorn lover may seem cautious and a bit cold but can be downright naughty! Capricorns' biggest problem is confidence. They always worry that a love interest will prove faithless. Capricorns respond well to domestic life because it provides stability. Once they fall in love and commit, the typical Capricorn is unlikely to jeopardize the union. They place great importance on personal happiness.
The Capricorn Friend
Although they may seem to lack many traits that attract friendship, Capricorn men and women make loyal and caring friends. Because they love stability, Capricorn men and women gain something special from long-term friendships.
To learn about each day under the Capricorn sign, see:
- December 22 Birthday Astrology
- December 23 Birthday Astrology
- December 24 Birthday Astrology
- December 25 Birthday Astrology
- December 26 Birthday Astrology
- December 27 Birthday Astrology
- December 28 Birthday Astrology
- December 29 Birthday Astrology
- December 30 Birthday Astrology
- December 31 Birthday Astrology
- January 1 Birthday Astrology
- January 2 Birthday Astrology
- January 3 Birthday Astrology
- January 4 Birthday Astrology
- January 5 Birthday Astrology
- January 6 Birthday Astrology
- January 7 Birthday Astrology
- January 8 Birthday Astrology
- January 9 Birthday Astrology
- January 10 Birthday Astrology
- January 11 Birthday Astrology
- January 12 Birthday Astrology
- January 13 Birthday Astrology
- January 14 Birthday Astrology
- January 15 Birthday Astrology
- January 16 Birthday Astrology
- January 17 Birthday Astrology
- January 18 Birthday Astrology
- January 19 Birthday Astrology
For more information about astrology, see:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jill M. Phillips is the author of hundreds of articles on astrology as well as dozens of books. She has regularly written forecast columns for Astrology: Your Daily Horoscope.