How to Bake Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin-seed baking is one of the joys of Halloween. Any one of these funky flavor twists on a regular pumpkin seed recipe could wake the dead.
Baked Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat oven to 350°F. Separate the pumpkin seeds from the fibers. Wash, drain, and dry the seeds on paper towels. Coat 11/2 cups seeds with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Toss the seeds with salt (or omit salt and toss seeds with any of the suggested seasonings below), and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Deviled Pumpkin Seeds
Add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper.
Sugar and Spice Pumpkin Seeds
Add 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice.
Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning.
Want more great Halloween ideas? Check out:
- Halloween Crafts: Check out ideas for spooky homemade fun in this article.
- Halloween Decorations: Dress up your home with these great Halloween decoration ideas.
- Kid's Halloween Costumes: Pirate or princess? Cowboy or cat? Find the perfect costume for your kids in this article.
- Halloween Masks: No costume is complete without one of these masks.
- Halloween Games: Get the party started with these fun and spooky Halloween party games.
- Halloween Stories: You don't need a campfire to tell these great Halloween tales.
- Halloween Recipes: Adults and kids alike will love these scary tasty treats.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: Get inspired by these great ideas for pumpkin carving.
- How Halloween Works: Check out this article for all things Halloween.