Scorpio Personality: October 23 - November 21
Scorpio is the eighth sign of the astrological year and is known by its astrological symbol, the Scorpion. Scorpio individuals are enigmatic, strong-willed, and passionate. With Pluto as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are considered to be dynamic and extreme in their opinions.
Below you’ll find general characteristics for the Scorpio man, woman, child, lover, and friend. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to articles with detailed personality profiles for every day that falls under the Scorpio sign. Read on to see if the characteristics ring true for you or the Scorpion in your life.
The Scorpio Man
Scorpio men are enigmatic and appealing. They have a steely exterior but possess much sensitivity. Men born under this sign are moody and need emotional "space." They are secretive and keep everyone at a distance. They prefer the stability of home and hearth. Scorpio men enjoy being part of their children's upbringing. They can be demanding in their family relationships, but their actions are generally motivated by love. Career success means a lot, but they never mistake it for personal achievement.
The Scorpio Woman
A Scorpio woman is one of mystery -- part tomboy, part femme fatale. She has a provocative magnetism. She is maternal, not smothering. Whether she has a satisfying career or family life -- or both -- she gives everything. She can be demanding but is equally demanding of herself. Always looking to transform herself for the better, she never seems to age but grows in wisdom and maturity.
The Scorpio Child
The Scorpio child can test a parent's limits. This little one may start playing power games in the cradle. Everything is a means of achieving power and mastery over others. As Scorpio children grow, they are better able to handle the extremes in their nature. They generally have positive motives in mind. They want to understand the way the world works, and they won't rest until they do. Parents need to stay ahead of this child.
The Scorpio Lover
Astrology has made the words "lover" and "Scorpio" virtually synonymous, but it is misleading to think they are preoccupied with sex. Scorpio nature is more complicated, and the typical Scorpio is interested in marriage and long-term commitment. It is true that Scorpio men and women have strong sexual appetites and may be tempted to stray if their mate does not provide the spiritual and physical attraction they require.
The Scorpio Friend
As a rule, Scorpios have few friends but are close to them. Scorpio men and women are loners who look to themselves to solve problems. It is often said that a Scorpio wants to know everyone's secrets but never willingly divulges his own. Scorpio natives have great wisdom and are often sought as life guides, even as gurus.
To learn about each day under the Scorpio sign, see:
- October 23 Birthday Astrology
- October 24 Birthday Astrology
- October 25 Birthday Astrology
- October 26 Birthday Astrology
- October 27 Birthday Astrology
- October 28 Birthday Astrology
- October 29 Birthday Astrology
- October 30 Birthday Astrology
- October 31 Birthday Astrology
- November 1 Birthday Astrology
- November 2 Birthday Astrology
- November 3 Birthday Astrology
- November 4 Birthday Astrology
- November 5 Birthday Astrology
- November 6 Birthday Astrology
- November 7 Birthday Astrology
- November 8 Birthday Astrology
- November 9 Birthday Astrology
- November 10 Birthday Astrology
- November 11 Birthday Astrology
- November 12 Birthday Astrology
- November 13 Birthday Astrology
- November 14 Birthday Astrology
- November 15 Birthday Astrology
- November 16 Birthday Astrology
- November 17 Birthday Astrology
- November 18 Birthday Astrology
- November 19 Birthday Astrology
- November 20 Birthday Astrology
- November 21 Birthday Astrology
For more information about astrology, see:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jill M. Phillips is the author of hundreds of articles on astrology as well as dozens of books. She has regularly written forecast columns for Astrology: Your Daily Horoscope.