After my diet went green a few years back, the next step was to start buying green beauty products. No more toxin-loaded deodorant, body lotion, or mascara to name a few. But the only problem is organic beauty items can sometimes get pricey. Avoiding parabens, fragrance, and endocrine disruptors is terribly important, but how do you do it on a budget? Well, you simply can't lose with this seven for seven list. Check out these items that all cost less than $7 but are both green and effective. These products are also easier on the planet because they use mostly organic ingredients that don't pollute our eco-systems and they don't use nonrenewable resources like petroleum which is made using fossil fuels.
1. Teens Turning Green Facial Cleanser
These teen oriented green skincare products have no parabens, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances. The facial cleanser, which is available at Whole Foods stores nationwide, only costs $6.99.
2. Dr. Bonner Organic Body Balms
These trendy balms are made from all organic ingredients like organic jojoba seed oil, organic beeswax, organic avocado oil, and organic hemp seed oil. These are great for flaky dry skin and priced at $4.99 each.
3. J.R. Watkins Lemon Body Cream
J.R. Watkins totally yummy body cream uses ingredients made from renewable resources, avoiding chemicals like parabens, sulfates, and phthalates and is one of very few lines to be certified by the Natural Products Association. It?s available for only $6.49.
4. Crème de la Shave from Aubrey Organics
This thick and velvety shave cream is made with all organic ingredients and it comes in awesome flavors like organic passion flower, toasted almond, and raspberry honey and the price is really nice at $5.48 a bottle.
5. TerraGloss by Alba This thick, shimmery gloss is made with shea butter and vitamin E to soothe, moisturize and refresh for healthy lip care. TerraGloss is also free of artificial colors, petroleum, mineral oil, phthalates, or parabens. It's priced at $5.95 a tube. 6. Glide and Go 3-in-1 Blush Highlighter Stick from Mode If you're low maintenance like me, this is the perfect tool. It's a lip stick, blush, and eye makeup all in one and it's made with minerals. I also like that it allows you to buy less which means less consumption which is always better for the planet. It's made with coconut oil and castor oil to soften and nourish, while sweet almond oil moisturizes your skin. Natural light reflecting mineral pearlescents gives skin a subtle layer of glow. The products are never tested on animals. At $4 per stick you can get a lot done with this purchase. 7. Perfect Organics Shea Butter Lip Balm Each Perfect Organics Shea Butter Lip Balm is packed with all sorts of nutrient dense organic oils and vitamin E at only $3.99 each. Via: Body and Soul Got a tip or a post idea for us to write about on Planet Green? Email pgtips (at) treehugger (dot) com.