This Halloween decoration will coil around your heart.
Make your guests recoil in horror
with this slinky snake decoration.
What You'll Need
- Wire: 14 gauge, 24 gauge
- Wire cutters
- 3 feet black braided rope, 5/8-inch diameter
- Paper clay
- Round toothpick
- Acrylic paint: black, yellow
- Paintbrushes: 1/4-inch flat, #3
- Cut a
3-foot, 3-inch piece of 14-gauge wire. Sand one end to a point. Push wire into
rope, leaving 11/2 inches of wire protruding on each end.
Push the 14-gauge wire into the black rope.
- At each
end, bend 1/2 inch of wire up. Mold head and tail onto wire with paper clay.
- Cut two
1-inch pieces of 24-gauge wire. Twist wires together, leaving last 1/8 inch
untwisted to form a forked tongue. Insert tongue into front of head. Use
toothpick to make nostril holes. Let clay dry.
1/4-inch brush to paint head, tongue, and tail black. Use #3 brush to paint
eyes yellow. Let dry.
- Form body into a coil.
Wrap the slinky snake anywhere you want to cause a fright: around a treats bowl or our Tricks or Treats Paint Can, around a door knob, around a centerpiece, and so on.
Looking for more unique decorating ideas for Halloween? Keep reading. We'll show you how to make Boo! Pots next.
Want to scare up more fun Halloween ideas? Try these:
- Halloween Crafts: Not done being creative? These are great do-it-yourself projects for Halloween, from trick-or-treat boxes to candy jewelry.
- Kids' Halloween Costumes: Try on our unique costume ideas for your ghosts and goblins.
- Halloween Masks: Want an easy way to dress up for Halloween? Try a mask instead of a costume. Check out our selection of monstrous masks.
- Halloween Games: Play more than 20 spooktacular games to entertain kids and adults alike.
- Halloween Recipes: Learn how to make dozens of bewitching Halloween treats.
- How Halloween Works: Traces the popular holiday’s Celtic roots to American traditions celebrated today.
- Pumpkin Carving Patterns: What's Halloween without pumpkin carving? Check out these great pumpkin carving patterns.
- Hats Off to Wizards Centerpiece
- Glowing Window Panes
- Wacky Halloween Ornaments
See more »
- Spooky Sparkly Door Charm
- Bewitching Branch
- Fuzzy Fun Wreath
- There's a Party in the Graveyard Centerpiece
- Boo Pillow Pattern
- Haunted Hat Snapshot Holder
- Spooky House Centerpiece
- My Little Mummy Door Hanger
- Falling Leaf Garland
- Jumping Jack-o'-Lantern Decoration
- Tricks or Treats Paint Can
- Slinky Snake
- Boo! Pots
- Witch's Brew of Surprises
- Heads on a Platter
- High Spirits Mobile
- Night Lights
- Creepy Candles
- Haunted House
- Hex House
- Rustic Halloween Decorations
- Pirate Ship Halloween Decorations
- Haunted Garden Decorations
- Fall Decorations
- Magic Castle
- Friendly Witch
- Halloween Wreath
- Floral Jack-O'-Lantern
- Junior and His Mummy
- Henrietta Witch
- Halloween Welcome Sign
- Halloween Mobile
- See all Halloween articles